Planning on Hosting a New Year's Eve party?
Everyone is excited to attend your New Year’s Eve Party – but are you ready? Erie Insurance prepared a list of eight tips to help you and your guests have a safe New Year’s Eve event.
- Check your liquor liability – you could be held liable for damage caused by a driver who leaves your party.
- Designate a driver – encourage your guest to choose a designated driver before they arrive or encourage ridesharing services.
- Don’t leave your car overnight – it’s a good idea to leave your care in your drive and don’t forget to lock the doors.
- Serve plenty of food – good selection of food and non-alcoholic beverages will help counter the effects of alcohol.
- Plan your activities - to keep a party running smoothly play games to break the ice.
- Shelve the fireworks – avoid the temptation to start the new year off with fireworks. They don’t mix well with alcohol.
- Charge your phone – getting stuck with a dead battery will make it difficult to reconnect with friends or order a ride home, if needed.
These tips will help you and your guests have a safe holiday. On behalf of the agency, we wish you all a Happy New Year.
Source: Erie Insurance/NU Property Casualty 360